The release notes below are intended to provide descriptions of any new features, improvements, and bug fixes included in this release of Exosite’s Murano platform. Where applicable, an explanation of the user impact is provided, as well as any additional information that may be useful.
- CORS Configuration - CORS headers for solution endpoints are now configurable using the Exosite CLI tool. For example, see the home automation example: https://github.com/exosite/home-automation-example/blob/master/Solutionfile.json#L19
- Sidebar open by default - Some users did not see the hamburger menu in the upper left.
- OAuth - End users of solutions may now log in to those solutions using OAuth rather than creating a username/password. Supported OAuth providers: Google, Facebook, Amazon, GitHub, Twitter.
Documentation is here:
- http://docs.exosite.com/murano/services/user/ (see *social methods)
- Configuration Service - There is a new service called Config. Solution scripts can use it to list product IDs and device IDs associated with them. Previously getting product IDs and device IDs could only be determined by waiting for them to write to the platform. This is useful for creating things like industrial dashboards or admin portals where devices that may not yet be online. It also can be used to streamline end user onboarding (Device Not Found issue users experience with the example app).
- Service documentation is here: http://docs.exosite.com/murano/services/config/
- Here is how to list some configuration information:
local solutionConfig = Config.solution()
- Here is how to get a device list for all associated products:
-- Get all products for this solution
-- Get the list of devices for this product
for k,device in pairs(devices) do
- Added web pricing tiers in the account area - Customers can upgrade from their free accounts to a paid account (Bootstrap - $149/mo). There is also information for upgrading to an Enterprise account.
- Fixed many Internet Explorer 11 bugs - IE11 is still not 100% supported, but half of the known issues were fixed.