To ensure continuity of service, all clients connecting to the One Platform and Murano (domain "m2.exosite.com" and all sub domains) must update their X.509 trusted certificate store to include the "DigiCert Global Root CA (November 10, 2031, 12:00:00 AM GMT)" certificate (https://www.digicert.com/digicert-root-certificates.htm) before March 6th, 2019. Clients that do not trust the specified root certificate will no longer be able to connect to the One Platform and Murano after May 6th, 2019.
Clients that do not trust the root certificate will experience service disruptions on the dates indicated in the table below:
- March 6th UTC 2:00 am - 4:00 am
- March 11th UTC 9:00 pm - 11:00 pm
- March 25th - one day
- March 27th - one day
- April 8th -15th - one week
- May 6th - non complying clients will no longer be able to connect on and after this date
A test domain https://digicert-test.m2.exosite.com is available that serves the new root certificate. Please use this domain to validate that your device and application clients can open a trusted connection with the One Platform and Murano. Clients should not use this domain except for validating trust of the new root certificate. All clients should use their assigned vendor domain. The test domain will be removed on May 6th.
For certain embedded device clients that can only store a single trusted root certificate, those must be updated to connect to the One Platform and Murano through their assigned vendor domain, and you will need to schedule a date with Exosite Support to have the assigned trusted root certificate updated prior to March 6th.
- If your devices are OS based (Linux/Android/Windows) that receive regular security updates, your OS trusted certificate store may already contain the DigiCert Global Root CA. Please verify that your OS trusts the specified root certificate.
- If your devices are firmware based, you will need to deploy a firmware version that trusts the DigiCert Global Root CA.
- If you have any questions or to schedule an early root certificate update for your assigned product vendor domain please contact our support team.